The ECP 2021 Community Birds-of-a-Feather Days
The US Department of Energy’s Exascale Computing Project (ECP) has announced The ECP 2021 Community BOF Days, an impressive list of Birds-of-a-Feather (BOF) sessions for the broad high-performance computing (HPC) community.
BOFs have a rich history throughout the HPC community as highly regarded sessions of various formats (e.g., panels, presentation, roundtable) developed to bring together individuals with shared interests. BOFs are designed to promote interactive community discussions of specific topics with the goal of fostering open, candid dialogue among the attendees. Please join us to learn what is new and contribute to the conversation.
The ECP Community BOF Days will take place March 30–April 1, 2021, and consist of 13 informative virtual sessions, each scheduled for 90 minutes. All BOF sessions will be scheduled via Zoom and registration is required. Each session has a zoom link; the Zoom links will be sent when individuals complete a successful registration.
The ECP Community BOF Day Sessions are open to all people interested in HPC. All sessions are live-only events and will not be recorded. The BOFs cover the following topics (US Eastern Time).
- March 30, 11:00 a.m.—The Tiered Testing Approach to Software Quality Assurance at Exascale and Beyond
- March 30, 11:00 a.m.—Exascale Computing Project Data Management, Data Analytics, and Visualization Overview
- March 30, 1:00 p.m.—Observing GPU Performance Using the TAU Performance System
- March 30, 1:00 p.m.—Open MPI State of the Union
- March 30, 3:00 p.m.—HDF5 Community BOF
- March 31, 11:00 a.m.—Updates and Roadmap for the PMIx Community
- March 31, 11:00 a.m.—Enabling Developer Productivity with Software Process Improvement
- March 31, 1:00 p.m.—MPICH for Exascale: Supporting MPI-4 and ECP
- March 31, 1:00 p.m.—Cultivating Software Sustainability, Productivity, and Quality through BSSw.io
- March 31, 3:00 p.m.—ECP Math Libraries Capabilities and Applications Engagement
- April 1, 11:00 a.m.—The LLVM Compiler Infrastructure—Clang, Flang, OpenMP, and More
- April 1, 1:00 p.m.—How to Measure and Analyze the Performance of GPU-accelerated Code
- April 1, 3:00 p.m.—Tools for Data-driven Analysis and Improvement of HPC Scientific Software Development
Interested attendees can register here for as many BOF sessions as they would like to attend.