Tuesday December 12, 2017
Description: The Better Scientific Software organization is launching a new Fellowship program to give recognition and funding to leaders and advocates of high-quality scientific software. The main goal of the BSSw Fellowship program is to foster and promote practices, processes, and tools to improve developer productivity and software sustainability of scientific codes. BSSw Fellows are selected annually based on an application process that includes the proposal of a funded activity that promotes better scientific software. We select three Fellows per year. Each Fellow is awarded up to $10,000 for an activity that promotes better scientific software. Activities can include organizing a workshop, preparing a tutorial, or creating content to engage the scientific software community.
This webinar was a Q&A session to address questions on this new Fellowship program.
Applicants must be affiliated with a U.S.-based institution that is able to receive funding from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- December 1, 2017: Fellowship application process opens.
- December 12, 2017, 4:30 pm EST: Fellowship webinar, Q&A. Subscribe to the BSSw email list to be notified about webinar details.
- January 5, 2018: Application deadline, before midnight, PST.
- January 12, 2018: Notification of 2018 BSSw Fellows.
- February 6 – 8, 2018: Fellows announced at DOE ECP Annual Meeting in Knoxville, TN.